Monday, June 15, 2009

fun project!














This was lots of fun. You've just got to try it! This little note box is from the Add-on kit, mixed with the regular Scripts kit for this month. The kit comes with a blank pizza box to decorate. I started out by painting the box with acrylic paints and then used the papers and stickers to decorate the top. I sealed the box all over with Mod Podge for extra durability. I even used the gingham fabric to line the inside.














I had such a fun time with the box that I decided to make a matching notebook. I started out with a black and white composition notebook. I painted the cover with Gesso as a primer and then with acrylics. I used the same pattern as I did on the box. I did sew on a bit of the red ball trim from last months kit. It was laying out on my desk and I just couldn't resist. I mean could you have? I sealed this book with Mod Podge too and I added a gingham bookmark with a couple of wooden beads that I painted to match.




















For those of you that don't know I have started working as an instructor for Sips N Strokes in Fultondale. I wanted this to be my class workbook so I decided to tear and staple pages together to make pockets that I could keep my weekly class notes and project photos in. Fun stuff indeed! Thanks for looking, Vanessa


3 comments:

Lisa said...

That is so cute! I love it!!

Virginia said...

Gorgeous! I love it!

Linh C. said...

GREAT idea!