Thursday, April 23, 2009

A fun layout



Not all layouts have to have an "event" as the subject.  Around Cam's birthday, I took these little pictures of her.  This one was my favorite.  It is totally blurry but I loved it.  So I decided to do a page about it.  I used the plaid MM as the background and freehanded a large flower on the Orange Prism cardstock.  Then I used my handy dandy Marvy Uchida Giga Scalloped Circle punch and one of the Heidi Swapp Die cuts for the flower center.  I layered the pic over the flower at an angle.  Then I took the Heidi Swapp Butterfly Die cut, edged it with the pretty Stickles we got in the kit and put a "c" on it for the title.  I cut a flower from each of the flower ribbons and layered them together for a fun little accent.  Then I used a bit of American Crafts flair from my stash to finish it off.  I also used my punch to take little "bites" out of the edge and then edged the whole thing with pearly paint.

Can't wait to see what all you do with the kit!!!!

2 comments:

Virginia said...

This is beautiful! I love all the little details you did, and the freehand flower- um, hello awesomeness!

Gretchen said...

beautiful layout Katie!