Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Rosettes

Hello All!

Again, thanks to the Snow, I was able to do some fun stuff with my February Scripts kit. Here is a layout I did about Cam wearing my high heels. I really liked the basting tape type stuff that was in the kit. For some reason, I immediately thought of making rosettes with it. They are very easy to make. All you need is a needle and thread.

First, decide if you want to make small or large rosettes. I made smaller ones on my layout by folding the basting tape in half before I started sewing them. Cut a length of tape or ribbon as long as desired.




Thread your needle and run it through the edge of the ribbon or tape. Weave the needle in and out of the edge so its kind of like a ruffle.

Once you've gone all the way through to the end of the ribbon, make a circle with the thread by running your needle through a second time. The ends of the ribbon will meet to make a circle. Secure the thread with a knot or by tying the ends of the thread together.


In the rosette above, I left a long tail at each end of my thread and tied the two ends together in a bow on the finished rosette. I also dipped the edges in some pink paint to give it a little color. You could also use ink, dye or markers to color the edges any color you'd like to match your layout.

Have a wonderful week everyone!

6 comments:

Gretchen said...

that Katie Burnett...she is so dang creative!!
thanks for the tutorial with your kit!

Gretchen said...

These are beautiful Katie. I love how you have used the products in this Scripts kit.

Gretchen said...

ha! forgot i have already commented!
now it looks like i am talkng to myself.

Tina said...

I love the fact that you did a tutorial. It is super cute. Love the inking on your rosettes!

g said...

thanks for the awesome tutorial! love the paint- just lovely!

Chere said...

Thanks for reminding me of this beautiful technique. They are a nice addition.