Friday, September 18, 2009

Howdy, For You, and a Pumpkin Spice Candle

Sometimes, when I just want to "play" but don't have the mental concentration to actually do a layout, I like to sit down and make a few cards or alter a few items.

I absolutely love the colors in this kit- they hint at fall & school & change in the air. :)



I used an October Afternoon stamp set from my stash to stamp the greeting on some of the ledger paper in the kit.
A paper ruffle makes this $1 pumpkin spice candle from Walmart look extra special! (And I love these candles- they smell awesome and really scent up your home!)
(Yes, you may have seen me alter these little candles before! I can't help it- they beg me to do it!)


Handstitching around the design on this cut-apart from Cosmo Cricket makes the greeting on this card go from basic to fabulous. :)

Everything here is from the September kit, except for the addition of the kraft cardstock to make my cards. :)

No comments: