Monday, March 29, 2010

Thicker Storage (and all those other alphas, too)

So, I have this bad habit of collecting scrapbook supplies. I'm fairly certain that I'm not the only one. My scrap supplies are taking up residence in my guest room. My guest room is also full of laundry! All my clean laundry is sorted and stacked nice and neatly (well, mostly neatly) on the guest bed. This is just out of control. I can't find my supplies. I can't find my favorite jeans. Cole can't find his favorite pj's. IT'S JUST TOO MUCH.

I think the best way to tackle this problem is first - to get rid of the laundry. Put everything away after it's folded - not just leave it there forever. And then second - I need to find a way to organize my favorite things - the things I use the most and go to over and over. I've decided these things are:

my kits
my paper
my letters
my go to embellishments
my tools

Now, I need to weed out everything else. I'm not sure how I'm going to do that - but I'm going to really really make some drastic changes in my guest room this week!!

In my attempt to organize my favorite things, I thought I would cook up some storage for my letters. This is what I came up with:



I found this fabulous cereal of Target. It's so good, I could seriously eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner, seven days a week. It's just that good. But what makes it better - the container is so cute. It's harder cardboard than a regular cereal box and it has a plastic top - instead of just the typical cardboard fold up top.

I used the February BlackBird kit and covered my box and added some embellishments to the front and a label with THICKERS, as well.



Now I need to make a few more with my faves. I'm not sure if I'm going to do this by brands, though - I mean I have enough Thickers to fill up more than one container but the rest of my sticker letters are cardstock stickers and much thinner so I think I'll just group them all together. I can't wait to make a few more and have my letters a little more organized.

Now, if only I could find super easy ways to organize the rest...................

Lisa

4 comments:

Just call me "B" said...

I love the re-purposed container! Ok, now I need to try the cereal!

gimmegodiva said...

perfect! just perfect! I am actually mad at myself now-- I had some blueberry cereal from target in a box like that, but didn't save it!

Erin said...

I will totally be picking some of this up next time I'm at Target. I love the Target trail mix (and using the large plastic jar to store my embellishments by color!) I can't wait to see what else you come up with. Paper is my biggest issue! My kits are all in a rolling cart (from OfficeMax)but my pp and cardstock is a disaster!!!

Maria's Space said...

I love this cereal too. You are right. 3 times a day wouldn't be enough. It is awesome. Thanks for this idea. When I was done with the cereal I saved the boxes knowing there would be something they could be used for. There are two on my fridge just waiting for me to take care of them.

Thanks for the idea.