Saturday, January 30, 2010

Yay Sunshine!




So, the sun finally came out and I was able to photograph the layout I did last weekend with the "Can't Buy Me Love" kit. I love the girlie colors in this kit. You all of course know my deep deep deep love for all things Jenni Bowlin so when I saw the JB in this kit, I was ecstatic!

To make the floweresque embellishments, I halved one of the doilies from the kit and let them peek out from the side of my picture and the side of the cardstock on my layout. Then, I layered on some scallop circle punches and a little something special from my stamp collection. I used the plastic that covers a set of Fontwerks stamps I had and cut out a few of the stamp pictures (they were all circular designs). Then, I heated them up with my embossing gun to make them get kind of sticky and crinkley (I made up that word). While they were still kind of sticky, I dipped them in some Zing Embossing Powder (love me some American Crafts, btw - did y'all know that?), and heated them up some more to set the powder. I secured them to the layout with some brads. I think I'll try this technique again, but maybe with just some clear cellophane this time.

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

completely adorable!!

Virginia said...

Awesome, as usual!

HoweverAlthough said...

Beautiful! When did she get so grown up?