Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Chore Chart



I have had issues with the kids remembering to do their chores, so I thought I would use Virginia's idea and alter a Dollar Store silver tray to make a chore chart. It will be hung up in the kitchen, so the colors in the "Can't Buy Me Love" kit were perfect because my walls are maroon. My idea was to have an actual chart and to check things off each day, but as I thought about it, I realized I would be kidding myself if I thought I would actually do it every day! So it morphed into a reminder chart! The kids always have to pick up their rooms, so I wrote that out, then added "plus one more". For this they will have to pick one of the papers marked Kitchen, Bathroom, Room and Laundry. On the back of each of those, I have written specific jobs for each room or chore that need to be done.
I liked how it turned out, so even if it isn't used much, it will look nice in the kitchen! :)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

i've been thinking about doing one of these too - i love the idea! plus it will be really cute hanging in the kitchen!!

Just call me "B" said...

Oh my goodness! That is just precious!

Virginia said...

Oh I love that! I have been thinking about doing a chore chart for my kids, but have been trying to come up with something simple for them. This is a great idea! And oh so cute, too!