Sunday, February 14, 2010

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY (sorry for the technical difficulties)y.




Ok, so yesterday I tried (in vain) to upload the pictures from my camera to my computer. I seriously tried like 5 times. I finally gave up.

This morning, I got up and charged my camera battery. Apparently, that did the trick.

So, here is another Scripts Kit project just in time for Valentines Day! I made a thank you card for my Dad for watching our dog a few weeks ago. He loves Starbucks so I got him a Starbucks gift card. I used the tea technique I wrote about last week on the white felt heart. Since the felt is partly acrylic (I think), the tea gave nice variations to the white so it wasn't solid ecru. I adhered the hear to one of the red tabbed pages from this month's kit and anchored it with a sticker, button and some embroidery thread.

I was lucky enough to find a free version of the fling font for my computer and that is what I used to write "thank you" on the paper. I then adhered the thank you to the heart with adhesive.

Since I used the tabbed page for my card, I had to make my own envelope. The brown Jenni Bowlin paper was PERFECT for this. I love Jenni Bowlin paper. It has a thinner weight than alot of other Patterned Papers. It really lends itself to altered items and folding, etc. I used one of the Sassafras stickers as a label and adhered the envelope all together.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

K8E! I love this!!! You know, "fling" was the very first thing I noticed, along with the tea stained heart? Lovely, lovely, lovely!