Friday, February 12, 2010

How I Organize My Scripts Kits

I've kind of migrated to making my scrapping stuff more easily portable. I do a lot of scrapping in the living room, with my husband, while we watch tv together, or in my bedroom, or with my friends, or at the craft table with my kids... you get the picture!

Because of this, kits are AWESOME for my type of scrapping. Everything is in one spot and I don't have to hop up a million times for whatever things I need.

However, keeping all of the kit in a plastic bag doesn't prove to be the easiest way to find stuff within the kit.

Let me introduce you to one of my favorite purchases of all time. I bought this around 2 years ago.

My Rubbermaid drawers. (You can buy them here - 3 sets of these for $30!)

The drawers are 14x14" so there is plenty of room for all your papers & such.
Two drawers are for kits, and one is just for "new purchases." (hehe)

The cool thing about these is that you can pull the whole drawer out and bring it with you wherever you are going to scrap.

I also bought these little lunch trays (I think at Target- on clearance!) a while back and have them sitting in the top of the drawer. They hold all the smaller bits and pieces nicely.
The little tray can easily lift out and be set aside so you can rifle through the rest of the drawer's contents.
One other thing I like to do (and I know B is gonna laugh; she always teases me about using every last scrap!). When I'm working on stuff, I end up with a pile of papers like this:
I like to pull out a few fave punches, and punch the heck out of them, and then toss the rest.
I add those right into my little tray and have pre-made embellishments for the next project I'm going to do! I hope this helps!

I would love to hear your kit organization ideas; what do you do with the leftovers from your kits?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love this!! I've been thinking about this since I saw it at your house. I really want to do something to better keep up with my things! I have kits that I've not even touched yet, because they are buried under some other mess at made. I have a huge paper rack my dad had made for me, and I'm hoping I can make that work for this. I'm motivated to actually clean up the mess now!!

Just call me "B" said...

You know I love it!!! I am in need of all things for organizing!