Sunday, February 28, 2010

I'm a little sketchy

Okay - that's totally not as cute of a title as I thought it would be. Bummer!

I still haven't gotten around to doing Virginia's sketch but it's on my list. Speaking of Virginia, she posted some info here on the Scrap Etc site about Memory Dock Planners and refills. There was a site she linked to that had great deals on Memory Dock stuff. Well, I've always wanted one but just never could spend the money on it when there was so much scrapbook paper out there waiting for me to buy it.

So, after her link, I ordered one and tons of refills super cheap! So now, I'm beginning to use it - making lists, notes about journaling and title ideas, and I'm using the little sketch template like crazy. I've never been much of a sketch scrapper - at least, I couldn't really come up with my own sketches - I just used other peoples sketches. Now, I love making my own sketches. I love that I can easily draw them out and with the template they actually look like what's in my head!!

Here's a peek at one page:



So, here's my sketch I picked for a Valentine layout of Cole . I have the layout ready, using the January Scripts Kit - just need to go pick up my pictures - so I'll post the layout in a bit!



In the meantime, I did this with the February kit using one of the other sketches I did above:



I changed my title placement and added journaling around the photo and paper on the bottom part of the layout. There's a Martha Steward punch I've been eying for quite some time:


But, I don't have it - YET - so I used my Fiskars border punch and added an extra hole punched with my Crop-a-dile - you can see it down the side of my layout. I colored all the little holes in with a black sharpie and left the big circles. I didn't exactly punch a straight line of holes, but it'll do until I get that yummy punch!!

So, wanna play along?? If you do any of these sketches, leave me a comment and let us see your layout!

Lisa

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Oh man! Those sketches are great! I love the little template thing too, it is so cool.

Ok the idea for making your own border is so creative! I'm so copying that! Wicked cool!